Effective date: 21st May 2018
Major Fabrications (Kent) Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) provide metal fabrication (and other manufacturing) services (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We also use this document to detail the service providers we use in connection with our Employees. Your acceptance of our employment contract includes acceptance of the collection and use of your data as described below.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified by that data (or in combination with other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Business details
- Payment details
If you have given us consent to do so, we may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Use of Data
Major Fabrications (Kent) Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
How long we keep your personal information
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. If your information is used for marketing purposes it will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Retention of Data
Transfer Of Data
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Major Fabrications (Kent) Ltd may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Major Fabrications (Kent) Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Major Fabrications (Kent) Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What are your rights?
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. You have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Major Fabrications (Kent) Ltd; you can request a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
- You have the right, at any time, to object to us using your personal information
Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We do not perform any automated decision making or profiling with your personal information.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK by calling 0303 123 1113.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Shipping and transport
We use several transport and logistic companies to fulfil our customers orders. We share your delivery details with these companies:
Nexus CIFS Ltd
We share your full personal and business details with Nexus CIFS for the purposes of Trade Credit Insurance.
We use several services, particularly in relation, but not limited to the personal information of our staff.
We share your payment details with the HSBC
We share limited employee details with Timetastic for the purpose of holiday planning.
We share limited employee details with Smart Pensions for the purpose of fulfilling our Pension obligations.